Wandering Wallers

Wandering Wallers

Pages

Saturday 1 March 2014

Cooking in an RV

Things I have found out about cooking in an RV:
1. You can always remember what you had for dinner last night because your clothes smell of it.
2. Batch cooking is good because when you come home from snowboarding so tired you can hardly stand up you can just heat something up.
3. Flour tortillas are very useful as they can be used for wraps, quesadillas, and dipping in things and the take up way less room than bread.
4. My daughter is always hungry - although this is not limited to when she is in an RV!

It is quite amazing how much food we can squirrel away in the RV. When I did our first big shop I purchased way more that I meant to. This was mainly because of all the special where it was actually cheaper to buy two of things than one?

Our meals have been quite simple so far. We have cooked up a batch of beef curry and a one of chilli con carne. We purchased a cheap slow cooker from an overwhelming large Wallmart store which has turned out to be a great investment for soups and stews.  Other than that we have been eating salads and stir fries.

Last nights dinner was a Mediterranean eggplant and barley salad from a website called Smittenkitten. I am sure her picture looks a lot better than mine, particulary as mine is of the leftovers as I keep forgetting to photograph food before we eat it! Anyway I will put a photo here for comparison. We added feta to ours and everyone enjoyed it.

1 comment: