Wandering Wallers

Wandering Wallers

Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

High Desert Museum


Today the whole school (me) went on an excursion to the High Desert Museum. I was extremely excited to go to the museum because there were live animals like owls, otters and fish. After we ate our delicious breakfast of tomato with avocados on olive bread, we made our way to the museum.
Porcupine
The first show we attended was the desert dwellers show about animals. It was fascinating. They showed us three real live animals and told us all about them. The first one was a skunk and they explained how they spray their predators with a terrible smelling liquid to scare them away. Next up was the badger, they showed an excellent demonstration of how badgers digs, it was cool. Lastly there was the porcupine, I was stunned to discover that porcupines ate and climbed trees!!!!


Me with a Great Horned Owl

Barn Owl in flight
Next up was the raptors show the one I was extremely excited to go to, I was curious to know what was in store for us. It was a 5 min walk to get to the show. When we arrived we stood behind a perch which the birds were going to perch on. The show was remarkable with birds flying over our heads and landing on the perch in front, my favourite was the barn owl. It was a brilliant experience to be this close to a real live barn owl.J
Barn Owl

As well as seeing lots of animals we learnt about the settlers and the Indians. It was a special day for me and I will always remember it.
An Otter
Before we left mum and dad got me a souvenir of a small toy barn owl.  I have named her Oregon and I love her.



Oregon - my very Barn Owl


1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 18, 2014

    I bet you learnt a lot being the only one from your school Symi!!!
    Can't believe how much you are growing up. I won't recognise you when you get home. Kx

    ReplyDelete