Wandering Wallers

Wandering Wallers

Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

Yosemite National Park SAR Presentation



When we were at Yosemite National Park we went to a SAR presentation at the Yosemite Theatre. SAR means Search and Rescue. The talk was very interesting with a few scary stories.


The man talked about swift water and how dangerous it is. People drown every year and it is the most common cause of death. Stay out of swift water.


The scariest thing he talked about is how they have to rescue rock climbers off the cliffs from their injuries. They got them out with stretchers and lifted them in to helicopters. It was scary.


When I got back I made a Lego stretcher for all my toys. Now I play rescue games with all my toys. Some of the stories scared me but I learnt lots.

1 comment:

  1. It’s an interesting blog with some useful tip while traveling to the Yosemite national park. We went there to see the Glacier Point before our bus tours from boston to washington dc. This is a must do in Yosemite. We took the shuttle up and hiked down via the Panorama Trail and the Mist Trail. The view was just magnificent. It was hard to even believe what we were looking at was real.

    ReplyDelete