Wandering Wallers

Wandering Wallers

Pages

Thursday 4 September 2014

Alpine Slide


Yesterday Mum and I went on an alpine slide at Big Mountain in Montana. We had been working hard doing school work while dad was zipping down the trails on his mountain bike. We decided to reward ourselves with some fun.

After we bought tickets we got in the queue for the slide, which has sleds and is like a luge track. We sat on the sleds and waited at the top with anticipation. I had that funny feeling where you are scared but exited at the same time.


Then a voice said go, so I pushed the lever forward and I was off and zipping down the straights. I found myself wanting to slow down on the corners. I was a bit apprehensive about coming off. But then I was distracted by the noise of the sled echoing through the tunnel and then the ride was over.

I did three runs all together. I did the first one with Mum and the other two alone. To get back up to the top we needed to catch a chair lift. When I went up by myself I felt a little lonely but it was better than walking up!
I only let Mum have one of the four rides.

On the last run I had a grin plastered over my face. I found it exhilarating zipping down the tight, twisty turns on the alpine slide. I would love to come again with all my friends!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks soooo cool Symi, I am sure Lachie and Laura will be very jealous when I show them the pictures. Mum looks like she is having fun too. KXxxxx

    ReplyDelete