Wandering Wallers

Wandering Wallers

Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

The Cubbyhouse Tree


Symi wrote this a long time ago - just found it in draft - not sure why but better post late than never!

This week my family and I went for a walk to Fern Canyon, through the redwoods in the Redwoods National Park. The coastal redwoods can grow up to 350ft or more. On the walk I found a cubbyhouse tree.

Mum and me climbing into the cubby house tree



Me inside the cubby house tree

We were strolling through the verdant forest when we came across a grove of redwoods. The first time I looked at it I saw a path that went through it, so we went up. When we got up there it was amazing. I could almost make a house in there, it was that big.


Fern Canyon
When we finally got to fern canyon it was amazing. Since we were walking through a gully there was a little stream. Fern Canyon has soft walls covered in ferns. I loved it.


A banana slug
On the way back I wanted to stop at the cubbyhouse tree but my legs were too tired and I would have loved it to be in my back garden.

1 comment:

  1. I am izzy lane the one that went camping with kay gibbes I want to here form you soon love izzy lane

    ReplyDelete